Sunday, September 27, 2009

Well it is almost October and the weather hasn't been too bad!! A few cold snaps with some rain/snow but not enough to close the interstate 80 between Laramie and Cheyenne!! Ah Haw!! but today it is closed due to multiple accidents!! What is it going to be like this winter?? One can only wonder!!!..

O.K. I must confess the new 2004 Chevy got its body reshaped by an Aspen tree here recently with it being my "stupid" decision to use a worn/defective snatch strap .. Sorry no photos's as it is bad enough to remember it once. When the diesel pulled on the tree to pull it into the field it was too much for the strap that had been tied into a knot several years ago.. Moral of the story is it too much power or should I have replace the used and unworthy equipment while using high horsepower!!

With the new "side-by-side"(which will be called by the name of "Rex" from now on) needed a service call to change the oil and it's 25 hours servicing, I am without a 4 wheel drive vehicle at my disposal for the first time in a long long time!!

As a side note getting back to I-80 It might be a long long hard winter!!

Wish me well on my commute to Cheyenne to work this winter as it might be an adventure!!

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip. My friends are traveling home to Mich and found I-80 closed and no detour. Driving aimlessly they called and I pulled up a Google map and took them s. on 287 to owl canyon which took them over to I-25. and back up to Cheyenne. They wondered what was going on, a fire maybe. How did we ever manage without the internet? Thanks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home