Tuesday, April 03, 2007



TONKA TRUCK PART 1

It may be hard to see the 5 pieces of the Tonka Mighty Hauler that I have been wanting to recondition for a long time, but hanging from the wire are the 5 body parts that were stripped, scraped, sanded and then primed and spray painted to look somewhat like new. While it was in pretty bad shape with the axles bent and the paint rusted thru, I hope the TLC and the $$ spent to get it in better shape it will be better than how I found it in the backyard when we moved in almost 9 years ago. I now have to wait a day to put it back together and see how it looks.. I will use the original tires and wheels but put new "straight" axles and end caps on it so it will hopefull roll in the hands of the grandkids for several years to come..

I will update the photo's when it is 'reconstructed'...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home