Wednesday, July 11, 2007


OH BOY!!

It was my turn for a trip to the ER room today!! While starting on the remodeling project of the living room/hall project I was moving the wood stove out of the house. (by self of course) I tried to be really careful not to damage the brick steps while manhandling the old earth stove out the door when" It" up and "bit" my shin while coming down on the concrete driveway! At 300+ pounds coming down on bone and skin it was a lose lose situation!!
I realized that a "band-aid" wouldn't stop the bleeding and to keep the flap of skin that was hanging off of my shin bone from hanging there is when I decided to wrap it in gauze and head to the ER room..
I made a call to my ever caring wife to let her know where I would be and made my way to the ER room. Soon she arrived and watch the whole procedure with me which helped my mental outlook on my blunder + she is making sure I follow the DR's orders of keeping it iced and elevated until I go to work on friday.
It was good news that the bone wasn't broke ( I walked in to the hospital was a good sign) and it will only take 2 weeks to get the stitches out with only some skin that might not make the repair!! Ole well one more scar to mark another project that was started and hopefully completed!!

After 3 hours of patience waiting I got 8 stitches and a tetanus shot after they cleaned it out and sealed it up to make it good as new ( in 2 weeks).. Kinda put the project back a little bit for a couple of days but after I make this next trip I will attack the project like nothing happened..

Everything will be fine with only 1 more battle scar and I will wait for the next unexpected mishap to come along!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Gramma said...

I hope this is the one and only hitch in this project -- Just kick back, elevate and ice --

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger flossiekate said...

Why is it that every home project needs a battlescar?? We've had a few up here ourselves.

Take care of yourself and get it good as new so you can tackle the new project again. I sure hope you feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home