Thursday, September 20, 2007

No new photo's but an update on the tree removal...
I went up on Wednesday and removed the tree limbs and tops along with Bonnie that were left from the last visit! While I hauled loads and loads of "green" down using the 350 and the 4wheeler trailer that had a flat tire ( I never realized it until I loaded it up with branches) fixing it with a load of air, with that problem fixed, Bonnie kept feeding the fire pit burning the "slash" till both of ours backs gave out!!
I spent the night in order to get an early start on thursday morning, with Becky visiting for dinner on Wed Night.. The next day started early with more trees cut down and drug down to the field.. the field is almost filled up with logs and "tops" so it looks like we will have to find someone to remove the trees for house logs or saw logs or I will have to cut them into managable lenghts and stacks till they are good for firewood...I hope something happens soon.
The weather is changing as the aspens are turning color so it means that winter is on it's way!!
Soon Mother nature will win the battle of when and if I get to remove more trees but in a way that is o.k. as it is a lot of work but hopefully we can slow down the battle of the beetles..
I have run into stumps several times with "ole blue" pushing in the rear bumper and destroying the guard on the front winch. It is hard to navigate in the trees trying to miss the trees let alone the stumps (which I hit several times). It is definately a 2 person crew job but alas I will continue as long as I can until the snow flies and the ground gets slippery.
Wish me luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home