Monday, May 14, 2007

SPRINGTIME!!!

Spring time brings out spring fever a little later than the lower lands but boy when it hits it sure is welcome.. The Lilac bush is about to burst out in flowers as is the flowering crab tree in the front yard. Also the dandilions are out in full force too!!.
I recently planted the 'root' crops of onions, radishes,carrots,lettuce and swiss chard so now I hope the weather will stay warm enough to let them germinate and get a good start before Memorial day which is when I usually start planting the squash, zuccinni, and spagetti squash which I have started indoors. I had to transplant the latter into bigger 'peat' pots so I am hoping they will come out of the transplant shock that they are in right now.
The tomatoes that I got from Becky on her last trip to Boise already have been 'repotted' into their bigger pots so all I have to do is 'harden' them and put them out when the frost is gone. When that is is a guess, so you just hope that the weather and hail will leave them alone.
I have mowed the grass 5 times already so that must mean the fertilizer I used worked. I hope that will slow down here when the weather get warmer but you never know.
The bigger trees both in the back and front yard are getting their leaves so barring any heavy spring snow they should weather just fine till fall.

Sprintime in the rockies!! You got to love it

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Gramma said...

Oh Man, hope the lilac holds off just for another week so I can see and smell it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home